0. To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments; according to The Sheminith. A Psalm of David.
1. O LORD, rebuke me not in thy anger, nor chasten me in thy wrath.
2. Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
3. My soul also is sorely troubled. But thou, O LORD -- how long?
4. Turn, O LORD, save my life; deliver me for the sake of thy steadfast love.
5. For in death there is no remembrance of thee; in Sheol who can give thee praise?
6. I am weary with my moaning; every night I flood my bed with tears; I drench my couch with my weeping.
7. My eye wastes away because of grief, it grows weak because of all my foes.
8. Depart from me, all you workers of evil; for the LORD has heard the sound of my weeping.
9. The LORD has heard my supplication; the LORD accepts my prayer.
10. All my enemies shall be ashamed and sorely troubled; they shall turn back, and be put to shame in a moment.