1. Praise the LORD. Praise the name of the LORD, give praise, O servants of the LORD,
2. you that stand in the house of the LORD, in the courts of the house of our God!
3. Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good; sing to his name, for he is gracious!
4. For the LORD has chosen Jacob for himself, Israel as his own possession.
5. For I know that the LORD is great, and that our Lord is above all gods.
6. Whatever the LORD pleases he does, in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all deeps.
7. He it is who makes the clouds rise at the end of the earth, who makes lightnings for the rain and brings forth the wind from his storehouses.
8. He it was who smote the first-born of Egypt, both of man and of beast;
9. who in thy midst, O Egypt, sent signs and wonders against Pharaoh and all his servants;
10. who smote many nations and slew mighty kings,
11. Sihon, king of the Amorites, and Og, king of Bashan, and all the kingdoms of Canaan,
12. and gave their land as a heritage, a heritage to his people Israel.
13. Thy name, O LORD, endures for ever, thy renown, O LORD, throughout all ages.
14. For the LORD will vindicate his people, and have compassion on his servants.
15. The idols of the nations are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
16. They have mouths, but they speak not, they have eyes, but they see not,
17. they have ears, but they hear not, nor is there any breath in their mouths.
18. Like them be those who make them! -- yea, every one who trusts in them!
19. O house of Israel, bless the LORD! O house of Aaron, bless the LORD!
20. O house of Levi, bless the LORD! You that fear the LORD, bless the LORD!
21. Blessed be the LORD from Zion, he who dwells in Jerusalem! Praise the LORD!