1. [For the choirmaster Psalm Of David] The heavens declare the glory of God, the vault of heaven proclaims his handiwork,
2. day discourses of it to day, night to night hands on the knowledge.
3. No utterance at all, no speech, not a sound to be heard,
4. but from the entire earth the design stands out, this message reaches the whole world. High above, he pitched a tent for the sun,
5. who comes forth from his pavilion like a bridegroom, delights like a champion in the course to be run.
6. Rising on the one horizon he runs his circuit to the other, and nothing can escape his heat.
7. The Law of Yahweh is perfect, refreshment to the soul; the decree of Yahweh is trustworthy, wisdom for the simple.
8. The precepts of Yahweh are honest, joy for the heart; the commandment of Yahweh is pure, light for the eyes.
9. The fear of Yahweh is pure, lasting for ever; the judgements of Yahweh are true, upright, every one,
10. more desirable than gold, even than the finest gold; his words are sweeter than honey, that drips from the comb.
11. Thus your servant is formed by them; observing them brings great reward.
12. But who can detect his own failings? Wash away my hidden faults.
13. And from pride preserve your servant, never let it be my master. So shall I be above reproach, free from grave sin.
14. May the words of my mouth always find favour, and the whispering of my heart, in your presence, Yahweh, my rock, my redeemer.