1. [Of David] Blessed be Yahweh, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle,
2. my faithful love, my bastion, my citadel, my Saviour; I shelter behind him, my shield, he makes the peoples submit to me.
3. Yahweh, what is a human being for you to notice, a child of Adam for you to think about?
4. Human life, a mere puff of wind, days as fleeting as a shadow.
5. Yahweh, part the heavens and come down, touch the mountains, make them smoke.
6. Scatter them with continuous lightning-flashes, rout them with a volley of your arrows.
7. Stretch down your hand from above, save me, rescue me from deep waters, from the clutches of foreigners,
8. whose every word is worthless, whose right hand is raised in perjury.
9. God, I sing to you a new song, I play to you on the ten-stringed lyre,
10. for you give kings their victories, you rescue your servant David. From the sword of evil
11. save me, rescue me from the clutches of foreigners whose every word is worthless, whose right hand testifies to falsehood.
12. May our sons be like plants growing tall from their earliest days, our daughters like pillars carved fit for a palace,
13. our barns filled to overflowing with every kind of crop, the sheep in our pastures be numbered in thousands and tens of thousands,
14. our cattle well fed, free of raids and pillage, free of outcry in our streets.
15. How blessed the nation of whom this is true, blessed the nation whose God is Yahweh!