1. A canticle for David himself, when the house was built after the captivity. Sing ye to the Lord a new canticle: sing to the Lord, all the earth.
2. Sing ye to the Lord and bless his name: shew forth his salvation from day to day.
3. Declare his glory among the Gentiles: his wonders among all people.
4. For the Lord is great, and exceedingly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.
5. For all the gods of the Gentiles are devils: but the Lord made the heavens.
6. Praise and beauty are before him: holiness and majesty in his sanctuary.
7. Bring ye to the Lord, O ye kindreds of the Gentiles, bring ye to the Lord glory and honour:
8. bring to the Lord glory unto his name. Bring up sacrifices, and come into his courts:
9. adore ye the Lord in his holy court. Let all the earth be moved at his presence.
10. Say ye among the Gentiles, the Lord hath reigned. For he hath corrected the world, which shall not be moved: he will judge the people with justice.
11. Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad, let the sea be moved, and the fulness thereof:
12. the fields and all things that are in them shall be joyful. Then shall all the trees of the woods rejoice
13. before the face of the Lord, because he cometh: because he cometh to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with justice, and the people with his truth.