2. Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy, for my soul takes refuge in you; I will find shelter in the shadow of your wings till the disaster has passed.
3. I call on God the Most High, on God who has done everything for me:
4. may he send from heaven a savior and put my oppressors to shame. May God send me his love and faithfulness.
5. I lie prostrate in the midst of lions that greedily devour people, their teeth are pointed spears and arrows, their tongues, sharpened swords.
6. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Your glory be over all the earth!
7. They have set a snare for my steps; my soul was bowed down in distress. They dug a pit along my path, but they themselves fell into it.
8. My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast. I will sing and make music.
9. Awake, my soul, awake, O harp and lyre! I will wake the dawn.
10. I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praise to you among the nations.
11. For your love reaches to the heavens, and your faithfullness, to the clouds.
12. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your Glory be over all the earth!