1. For the director. Do not destroy. A miktam of David, when he fled from Saul into a cave.
2. Have mercy on me, God, have mercy on me. In you I seek shelter. In the shadow of your wings I seek shelter till harm pass by.
3. I call to God Most High, to God who provides for me.
4. May God send help from heaven to save me, shame those who trample upon me. May God send fidelity and love. Selah
5. I must lie down in the midst of lions hungry for human prey. Their teeth are spears and arrows; their tongue, a sharpened sword.
6. Show yourself over the heavens, God; may your glory appear above all the earth.
7. They have set a trap for my feet; my soul is bowed down; They have dug a pit before me. May they fall into it themselves! Selah
8. My heart is steadfast, God, my heart is steadfast. I will sing and chant praise.
9. Awake, my soul; awake, lyre and harp! I will wake the dawn.
10. I will praise you among the peoples, Lord; I will chant your praise among the nations.
11. For your love towers to the heavens; your faithfulness, to the skies.
12. Show yourself over the heavens, God; may your glory appear above all the earth.