2. O Lord, listen to my words and hear my complaint,
3. give heed to my sighs, my King and my God.
4. From daybreak you hear my voice, from dawn I am in your presence watching for you.
5. You are not a God who delights in wickedness; evil has no place in you.
6. The arrogant cannot stand before you. You hate all who do evil;
7. you destroy all who speak falsehood, who thirst for blood and live on lies; all of them the Lord detests.
8. But I, by your love and grace, may come into your house. In reverence I bow down and worship at your holy temple.
9. Lead me, O Lord, through your path of righteousness; make your way straight before me, for my enemies lie in wait.
10. Not a word of their mouth can be trusted, for their heart is full of mischief. Their tongue flatters with deceit, but their throat is an open grave.
11. O Lord, make them pay for their guilt. Let their snares trap them. Cast them out for their many sins - for their offense and rebellion.
12. But for those who take refuge in you, let them ever sing and rejoice. Let your deliverance shield them, that they may praise you in gladness - those who love your name, O Lord.
13. You bless all who live in righteousness; your favor covers them as a shield.