1. Come here, all you who are thirsty, come to the water! All who have no money, come! Yes, without money and at no cost, buy and drink wine and milk.
2. Why spend money on what is not food and labor for what does not satisfy? Listen to me, and you will eat well; you will enjoy the richest of fare.
3. Incline your ear and come to me; listen, that your soul may live. I will make with you an everlasting covenant, I will fulfill in you my promises to David.
4. See, I have given him for a witness to the nations, a leader and commander of the people.
5. Likewise you will summon a nation unknown to you, and nations that do not know you will come hurrying to you for the sake of Yahweh your God, the Holy One of Israel, for he has promoted you.
6. Seek Yahweh while he may be found; call to him while he is near.
7. Let the wicked abandon his way, let him forsake his thoughts, let him turn to Yahweh for he will have mercy, for our God is generous in forgiving.
8. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, my ways are not your ways, says Yahweh.
9. For as the heavens are above the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts above your thoughts.
10. As the rain and the snow come down from the heavens and do not return till they have watered the earth, making it yield seed for the sower and food for others to eat,
11. so is my word that goes forth out of my mouth: it will not return to me idle, but it shall accomplish my will, the purpose for which it has been sent.
12. Yes, in joy you will depart, in peace you will be led forth: mountains and hills will break into song before you, trees of the countryside will clap their hands.
13. Instead of the thornbush, the cypress will thrive; instead of briers, the myrtle. This will make Yahweh famous and remain as an everlasting witness to him.