1. Alleluia! I am pleased that the Lord has heard my voice in supplication,
2. that he has not been deaf to me, the day I called on him.
3. When the cords of death entangled me, the snares of the grave laid hold of me, when affliction got the better of me,
4. I called upon the name of the Lord: "O Lord, save my life!"
5. Gracious and righteous is the Lord; full of compassion is our God.
6. the Lord protects the simple: he saved me when I was humbled.
7. Return, O my soul, to your rest, for the Lord has taken care of you.
8. He has freed my soul from death, my eyes from weeping, my feet from stumbling;
9. I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living.
10. I have kept faith even when I said, "I am greatly afflicted."
11. I have said in my dismay, "To hope in humans is vain."
12. How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me?
13. I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord.
14. I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people.
15. It is painful to the Lord to see the death of his faithful.
16. O Lord, I am your servant, truly your servant, your handmaid's son. You have freed me from my bonds.
17. I will offer you a thanksgiving sacrifice; I will call on the name of the Lord.
18. I will carry out my vows to the Lord in the presence of his people,
19. in the courts of the house of the Lord, in your midst, O Jerusalem.