1. I appeal to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
2. Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
3. For by the grace given to me I bid every one among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith which God has assigned him.
4. For as in one body we have many members, and all the members do not have the same function,
5. so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.
6. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith;
7. if service, in our serving; he who teaches, in his teaching;
8. he who exhorts, in his exhortation; he who contributes, in liberality; he who gives aid, with zeal; he who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.
9. Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good;
10. love one another with brotherly affection; outdo one another in showing honor.
11. Never flag in zeal, be aglow with the Spirit, serve the Lord.
12. Rejoice in your hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
13. Contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality.
14. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.
15. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.
16. Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly; never be conceited.
17. Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.
18. If possible, so far as it depends upon you, live peaceably with all.
19. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."
20. No, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head."
21. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.