1. When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven and said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify thy Son that the Son may glorify thee,
2. since thou hast given him power over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom thou hast given him.
3. And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.
4. I glorified thee on earth, having accomplished the work which thou gavest me to do;
5. and now, Father, glorify thou me in thy own presence with the glory which I had with thee before the world was made.
6. "I have manifested thy name to the men whom thou gavest me out of the world; thine they were, and thou gavest them to me, and they have kept thy word.
7. Now they know that everything that thou hast given me is from thee;
8. for I have given them the words which thou gavest me, and they have received them and know in truth that I came from thee; and they have believed that thou didst send me.
9. I am praying for them; I am not praying for the world but for those whom thou hast given me, for they are thine;
10. all mine are thine, and thine are mine, and I am glorified in them.
11. And now I am no more in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name, which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.
12. While I was with them, I kept them in thy name, which thou hast given me; I have guarded them, and none of them is lost but the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled.
13. But now I am coming to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14. I have given them thy word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15. I do not pray that thou shouldst take them out of the world, but that thou shouldst keep them from the evil one.
16. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17. Sanctify them in the truth; thy word is truth.
18. As thou didst send me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.
19. And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be consecrated in truth.
20. "I do not pray for these only, but also for those who believe in me through their word,
21. that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22. The glory which thou hast given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,
23. I in them and thou in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that thou hast sent me and hast loved them even as thou hast loved me.
24. Father, I desire that they also, whom thou hast given me, may be with me where I am, to behold my glory which thou hast given me in thy love for me before the foundation of the world.
25. O righteous Father, the world has not known thee, but I have known thee; and these know that thou hast sent me.
26. I made known to them thy name, and I will make it known, that the love with which thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them."