1. LORD, remember David and all his anxious care;
2. How he swore an oath to the LORD, vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob:
3. "I will not enter the house where I live, nor lie on the couch where I sleep;
4. I will give my eyes no sleep, my eyelids no rest,
5. Till I find a home for the LORD, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob."
6. "We have heard of it in Ephrathah; we have found it in the fields of Jaar.
7. Let us enter God's dwelling; let us worship at God's footstool."
8. "Arise, LORD, come to your resting place, you and your majestic ark.
9. Your priests will be clothed with justice; your faithful will shout for joy."
10. For the sake of David your servant, do not reject your anointed.
11. The LORD swore an oath to David, a pledge never to be broken: "Your own offspring I will set upon your throne.
12. If your sons observe my covenant, the laws I shall teach them, Their sons, in turn, shall sit forever on your throne."
13. Yes, the LORD has chosen Zion, desired it for a dwelling:
14. "This is my resting place forever; here I will dwell, for I desire it.
15. I will bless Zion with meat; its poor I will fill with bread.
16. I will clothe its priests with blessing; its faithful shall shout for joy.
17. There I will make a horn sprout for David's line; I will set a lamp for my anointed.
18. His foes I will clothe with shame, but on him my crown shall gleam."