1. LORD, avenging God, avenging God, shine forth!
2. Rise up, judge of the earth; give the proud what they deserve.
3. How long, LORD, shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked glory?
4. How long will they mouth haughty speeches, go on boasting, all these evildoers?
5. They crush your people, LORD, torment your very own.
6. They kill the widow and alien; the fatherless they murder.
7. They say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob takes no notice."
8. Understand, you stupid people! You fools, when will you be wise?
9. Does the one who shaped the ear not hear? The one who formed the eye not see?
10. Does the one who guides nations not rebuke? The one who teaches humans not have knowledge?
11. The LORD does know human plans; they are only puffs of air.
12. Happy those whom you guide, LORD, whom you teach by your instruction.
13. You give them rest from evil days, while a pit is being dug for the wicked.
14. You, LORD, will not forsake your people, nor abandon your very own.
15. Judgment shall again be just, and all the upright of heart will follow it.
16. Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will stand up for me against evildoers?
17. If the LORD were not my help, I would long have been silent in the grave.
18. When I say, "My foot is slipping," your love, LORD, holds me up.
19. When cares increase within me, your comfort gives me joy.
20. Can unjust judges be your allies, those who create burdens in the name of law,
21. Those who conspire against the just and condemn the innocent to death?
22. No, the LORD is my secure height, my God, the rock where I find refuge,
23. Who will turn back their evil upon them and destroy them for their wickedness. Surely the LORD our God will destroy them!