1. Of David. Bless the LORD, my soul; all my being, bless his holy name!
2. Bless the LORD, my soul; do not forget all the gifts of God,
3. Who pardons all your sins, heals all your ills,
4. Delivers your life from the pit, surrounds you with love and compassion,
5. Fills your days with good things; your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
6. The LORD does righteous deeds, brings justice to all the oppressed.
7. His ways were revealed to Moses, mighty deeds to the people of Israel.
8. Merciful and gracious is the LORD, slow to anger, abounding in kindness.
9. God does not always rebuke, nurses no lasting anger,
10. Has not dealt with us as our sins merit, nor requited us as our deeds deserve.
11. As the heavens tower over the earth, so God's love towers over the faithful.
12. As far as the east is from the west, so far have our sins been removed from us.
13. As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on the faithful.
14. For he knows how we are formed, remembers that we are dust.
15. Our days are like the grass; like flowers of the field we blossom.
16. The wind sweeps over us and we are gone; our place knows us no more.
17. But the LORD'S kindness is forever, toward the faithful from age to age. He favors the children's children
18. of those who keep his covenant, who take care to fulfill its precepts.
19. The LORD'S throne is established in heaven; God's royal power rules over all.
20. Bless the LORD, all you angels, mighty in strength and attentive, obedient to every command.
21. Bless the LORD, all you hosts, ministers who do God's will.
22. Bless the LORD, all creatures, everywhere in God's domain. Bless the LORD, my soul!