1. Of David. I wait for you, O LORD; I lift up my soul
2. to my God. In you I trust; do not let me be disgraced; do not let my enemies gloat over me.
3. No one is disgraced who waits for you, but only those who lightly break faith.
4. Make known to me your ways, LORD; teach me your paths.
5. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior. For you I wait all the long day, because of your goodness, LORD.
6. Remember your compassion and love, O LORD; for they are ages old.
7. Remember no more the sins of my youth; remember me only in light of your love.
8. Good and upright is the LORD, who shows sinners the way,
9. Guides the humble rightly, and teaches the humble the way.
10. All the paths of the LORD are faithful love toward those who honor the covenant demands.
11. For the sake of your name, LORD, pardon my guilt, though it is great.
12. Who are those who fear the LORD? God shows them the way to choose.
13. They live well and prosper, and their descendants inherit the land.
14. The counsel of the LORD belongs to the faithful; the covenant instructs them.
15. My eyes are ever upon the LORD, who frees my feet from the snare.
16. Look upon me, have pity on me, for I am alone and afflicted.
17. Relieve the troubles of my heart; bring me out of my distress.
18. Put an end to my affliction and suffering; take away all my sins.
19. See how many are my enemies, see how fiercely they hate me.
20. Preserve my life and rescue me; do not let me be disgraced, for I trust in you.
21. Let honesty and virtue preserve me; I wait for you, O LORD.
22. Redeem Israel, God, from all its distress!