1. For the leader. A psalm of David; a song.
2. God will arise for battle; the enemy will be scattered; those who hate God will flee.
3. The wind will disperse them like smoke; as wax is melted by fire, so the wicked will perish before God.
4. Then the just will be glad; they will rejoice before God; they will celebrate with great joy.
5. Sing to God, praise the divine name; exalt the rider of the clouds. Rejoice before this God whose name is the LORD.
6. Father of the fatherless, defender of widows-- this is the God whose abode is holy,
7. Who gives a home to the forsaken, who leads prisoners out to prosperity, while rebels live in the desert.
8. God, when you went forth before your people, when you marched through the desert, Selah
9. The earth quaked, the heavens shook, before God, the One of Sinai, before God, the God of Israel.
10. You claimed a land as your own, O God;
11. your people settled there. There you poured abundant rains, God, graciously given to the poor in their need.
12. The Lord announced the news of victory:
12. All you people so numerous,
13. "The kings and their armies are in desperate flight.
13. b) Every household will share the booty,
14. will you stay by the sheepfolds?
14. b) perhaps a dove sheathed with silver,
14. c) its wings covered with yellow gold."
15. When the Almighty routed the kings there, the spoils were scattered like snow on Zalmon.
16. You high mountains of Bashan, you rugged mountains of Bashan,
17. You rugged mountains, why look with envy at the mountain where God has chosen to dwell, where the LORD resides forever?
18. God's chariots were myriad, thousands upon thousands; from Sinai the Lord entered the holy place.
19. You went up to its lofty height; you took captives, received slaves as tribute. No rebels can live in the presence of God.
20. Blessed be the Lord day by day, God, our salvation, who carries us. Selah
21. Our God is a God who saves; escape from death is in the LORD God's hands.
22. God will crush the skulls of the enemy, the hairy heads of those who walk in sin.
23. The Lord has said: "Even from Bashan I will fetch them, fetch them even from the depths of the sea.
24. You will wash your feet in your enemy's blood; the tongues of your dogs will lap it up."
25. Your procession comes into view, O God, your procession into the holy place, my God and king.
26. The singers go first, the harpists follow; in their midst girls sound the timbrels.
27. In your choirs, bless God; bless the LORD, you from Israel's assemblies.
28. In the lead is Benjamin, few in number; there the princes of Judah, a large throng, the princes of Zebulun, the princes of Naphtali, too.
29. Summon again, O God, your power, the divine power you once showed for us.
30. Show it from your temple on behalf of Jerusalem, that kings may bring you tribute.
31. Roar at the wild beast of the reeds, the herd of mighty bulls, the lords of nations; scatter the nations that delight in war.
32. Exact rich tribute from lower Egypt, from upper Egypt, gold and silver; make Ethiopia extend its hands to God.
33. You kingdoms of the earth, sing to God; chant the praises of the Lord, Selah
34. Who rides the heights of the ancient heavens, whose voice is thunder, mighty thunder.
35. Confess the power of God, whose majesty protects Israel, whose power is in the sky.
36. Awesome is God in his holy place, the God of Israel, who gives power and strength to his people. Blessed be God!