1. In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;
2. in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,
3. who is the refulgence of his glory, the very imprint of his being, and who sustains all things by his mighty word. When he had accomplished purification from sins, he took his seat at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
4. as far superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.
5. For to which of the angels did God ever say: "You are my son; this day I have begotten you"? Or again: "I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me"?
6. And again, when he leads the first-born into the world, he says: "Let all the angels of God worship him."
7. Of the angels he says: "He makes his angels winds and his ministers a fiery flame";
8. but of the Son: "Your throne, O God, stands forever and ever; and a righteous scepter is the scepter of your kingdom.
9. You loved justice and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, anointed you with the oil of gladness above your companions";
10. and: "At the beginning, O Lord, you established the earth, and the heavens are the works of your hands.
11. They will perish, but you remain; and they will all grow old like a garment.
12. You will roll them up like a cloak, and like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end."
13. But to which of the angels has he ever said: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool"?
14. Are they not all ministering spirits sent to serve, for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?