1. [Psalm Of David] Yahweh, hear my prayer, listen to my pleading; in your constancy answer me, in your saving justice;
2. do not put your servant on trial, for no one living can be found guiltless at your tribunal.
3. An enemy is in deadly pursuit, crushing me into the ground, forcing me to live in darkness, like those long dead.
4. My spirit is faint, and within me my heart is numb with fear.
5. I recall the days of old, reflecting on all your deeds, I ponder the works of your hands.
6. I stretch out my hands to you, my heart like a land thirsty for you.Pause
7. Answer me quickly, Yahweh, my spirit is worn out; do not turn away your face from me, or I shall be like those who sink into oblivion.
8. Let dawn bring news of your faithful love, for I place my trust in you; show me the road I must travel for you to relieve my heart.
9. Rescue me from my enemies, Yahweh, since in you I find protection.
10. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your generous spirit lead me on even ground.
11. Yahweh, for the sake of your name, in your saving justice give me life, rescue me from distress.
12. In your faithful love annihilate my enemies, destroy all those who oppress me, for I am your servant.