1. Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart.
2. We have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways; we refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God's word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3. And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing.
4. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the likeness of God.
5. For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
6. For it is the God who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
7. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, to show that the transcendent power belongs to God and not to us.
8. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair;
9. persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;
10. always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.
11. For while we live we are always being given up to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
12. So death is at work in us, but life in you.
13. Since we have the same spirit of faith as he had who wrote, "I believed, and so I spoke," we too believe, and so we speak,
14. knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.
15. For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God.
16. So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day.
17. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,
18. because we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.