1. Alleluia! Praise the name of Yahweh, you who serve Yahweh, praise him,
2. serving in the house of Yahweh, in the courts of the house of our God.
3. Praise Yahweh, for Yahweh is good, make music for his name -- it brings joy-
4. for Yahweh has chosen Jacob for himself, Israel as his own possession.
5. For I know that Yahweh is great, our Lord is above all gods.
6. Yahweh does whatever he pleases in heaven, on earth, in the waters and all the depths.
7. He summons up clouds from the borders of earth, sends rain with lightning-flashes, and brings the wind out of his storehouse.
8. He struck the first-born in Egypt, man and beast alike,
9. he sent signs and wonders into the heart of Egypt, against Pharaoh and all his officials.
10. He struck down many nations, he slaughtered mighty kings,
11. Sihon king of the Amorites, and Og king of Bashan, and all the kingdoms of Canaan.
12. He gave their land as a birthright, a birthright to his people Israel.
13. Yahweh, your name endures for ever, Yahweh, your memory is fresh from age to age.
14. For Yahweh vindicates his people, feels compassion for his servants.
15. The idols of the nations are silver and gold, made by human hands.
16. These have mouths but say nothing, have eyes but see nothing,
17. have ears but hear nothing, and they have no breath in their mouths.
18. Their makers will end up like them, everyone who relies on them.
19. House of Israel, bless Yahweh, House of Aaron, bless Yahweh,
20. House of Levi, bless Yahweh, you who fear Yahweh, bless Yahweh.
21. Blessed be Yahweh from Zion, he who dwells in Jerusalem!