1. A Canticle in steps. When the Lord turned back the captivity of Zion, we became like those who are consoled.
2. Then our mouth was filled with gladness and our tongue with exultation. Then they will say among the nations: “The Lord has done great things for them.”
3. The Lord has done great things for us. We have become joyful.
4. Convert our captivity, O Lord, like a torrent in the south.
5. Those who sow in tears shall reap in exultation.
6. When departing, they went forth and wept, sowing their seeds.
7. But when returning, they will arrive with exultation, carrying their sheaves.