1. A Psalm of David. Exult in the Lord, you just ones; together praise the upright.
2. Confess to the Lord with stringed instruments; sing psalms to him with the psaltery, the instrument of ten strings.
3. Sing to him a new song. Sing psalms to him skillfully, with loud exclamation.
4. For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his works are in faith.
5. He loves mercy and judgment. The earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
6. By the word of the Lord, the heavens were established, and all their power, by the Spirit of his mouth:
7. gathering together the waters of the sea, as if in a container, placing the depths in storage.
8. Let all the earth fear the Lord, and may all the inhabitants of the world quake before him.
9. For he spoke, and they became. He commanded, and they were created.
10. The Lord scatters the counsels of the nations. Moreover, he reproves the thoughts of the people, and he rejects the counsels of the leaders.
11. But the counsel of the Lord remains for eternity, the thoughts of his heart from generation to generation.
12. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people whom he has chosen as his inheritance.
13. The Lord has looked down from heaven. He has seen all the sons of men.
14. From his well-prepared dwelling place, he has gazed upon all who dwell on the earth.
15. He has formed the hearts of each one of them; he understands all their works.
16. The king is not saved by great power, nor will the giant be saved by his many powers.
17. The horse is false safety; for he will not be saved by the abundance of his powers.
18. Behold, the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him and on those who hope in his mercy,
19. so as to rescue their souls from death and to feed them during famine.
20. Our soul remains with the Lord. For he is our helper and protector.
21. For in him, our heart will rejoice, and in his holy name, we have hoped.
22. Let your mercy be upon us, O Lord, just as we have hoped in you.