1. A Canticle in steps. From the depths, I have cried out to you, O Lord.
2. O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication.
3. If you, O Lord, were to heed iniquities, who, O Lord, could persevere?
4. For with you, there is forgiveness, and because of your law, I persevered with you, Lord. My soul has persevered in his word.
5. My soul has hoped in the Lord.
6. From the morning watch, even until night, let Israel hope in the Lord.
7. For with the Lord there is mercy, and with him there is bountiful redemption.
8. And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.