1. A Psalm of David, which he sang to the Lord because of the words of Cush, the son of Jemini.
2. O Lord, my God, in you I have hoped. Save me from all those who persecute me, and free me:
3. lest at any time, like a lion, he might seize my soul, while there is no one to redeem me, nor any who can save.
4. O Lord, my God, if there is iniquity in my hands, if I have done this:
5. if I have repaid those who rendered evils to me, may I deservedly fall away empty before my enemies:
6. let the enemy pursue my soul, and take hold of it, and trample my life into the earth, and drag down my glory into the dust.
7. Rise up, Lord, in your anger. And be exalted to the borders of my enemies. And rise up, O Lord my God, according to the precept that you commanded,
8. and a congregation of people will surround you. And, because of this, return on high.
9. The Lord judges the people. Judge me, O Lord, according to my justice and according to my innocence within me.
10. The wickedness of sinners will be consumed, and you will direct the just: the examiner of hearts and temperaments is God.
11. Just is my help from the Lord, who saves the upright of heart.
12. God is a just judge, strong and patient. How could he be angry throughout every day?
13. Unless you will be converted, he will brandish his sword. He has extended his bow and made it ready.
14. And with it, he has prepared instruments of death. He has produced his arrows for those on fire.
15. Behold him who has given birth to injustice: he has conceived sorrow and has begotten iniquity.
16. He has opened a pit and enlarged it. And he has fallen into the hole that he made.
17. His sorrow will be turned upon his own head, and his iniquity will descend upon his highest point.
18. I will confess to the Lord according to his justice, and I will sing a psalm to the name of the Lord Most High.