0. To the choirmaster: according to Muth-labben. A Psalm of David.
1. I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; I will tell of all thy wonderful deeds.
2. I will be glad and exult in thee, I will sing praise to thy name, O Most High.
3. When my enemies turned back, they stumbled and perished before thee.
4. For thou hast maintained my just cause; thou hast sat on the throne giving righteous judgment.
5. Thou hast rebuked the nations, thou hast destroyed the wicked; thou hast blotted out their name for ever and ever.
6. The enemy have vanished in everlasting ruins; their cities thou hast rooted out; the very memory of them has perished.
7. But the LORD sits enthroned for ever, he has established his throne for judgment;
8. and he judges the world with righteousness, he judges the peoples with equity.
9. The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
10. And those who know thy name put their trust in thee, for thou, O LORD, hast not forsaken those who seek thee.
11. Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Zion! Tell among the peoples his deeds!
12. For he who avenges blood is mindful of them; he does not forget the cry of the afflicted.
13. Be gracious to me, O LORD! Behold what I suffer from those who hate me, O thou who liftest me up from the gates of death,
14. that I may recount all thy praises, that in the gates of the daughter of Zion I may rejoice in thy deliverance.
15. The nations have sunk in the pit which they made; in the net which they hid has their own foot been caught.
16. The LORD has made himself known, he has executed judgment; the wicked are snared in the work of their own hands. [Higgaion. Selah]
17. The wicked shall depart to Sheol, all the nations that forget God.
18. For the needy shall not always be forgotten, and the hope of the poor shall not perish for ever.
19. Arise, O LORD! Let not man prevail; let the nations be judged before thee!
20. Put them in fear, O LORD! Let the nations know that they are but men! [Selah]