1. I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who willjudge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingly power:
2. proclaim the word; be persistent whether it is convenient or inconvenient; convince, reprimand, encourage through all patience and teaching.
3. For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine but, following their own desires and insatiable curiosity, will accumulate teachers
4. and will stop listening to the truth and will be diverted to myths.
5. But you, be self-possessed in all circumstances; put up with hardship; perform the work of an evangelist; fulfill your ministry.
6. For I am already being poured out like a libation, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7. I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith.
8. From now on the crown of righteousness awaits me, which the Lord, the just judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me, but to all who have longed for his appearance.
9. Try to join me soon,
10. for Demas, enamored of the present world, deserted me and went to Thessalonica, Crescens to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia.
11. Luke is the only one with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is helpful to me in the ministry.
12. I have sent Tychicus to Ephesus.
13. When you come, bring the cloak I left with Carpus in Troas, the papyrus rolls, and especially the parchments.
14. Alexander the coppersmith did me a great deal of harm; the Lord will repay him according to his deeds.
15. You too be on guard against him, for he has strongly resisted our preaching.
16. At my first defense no one appeared on my behalf, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them!
17. But the Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the proclamation might be completed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was rescued from the lion's mouth.
18. The Lord will rescue me from every evil threat and will bring me safe to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory forever and ever. Amen.
19. Greet Prisca and Aquila and the family of Onesiphorus.
20. Erastus remained in Corinth, while I left Trophimus sick at Miletus.
21. Try to get here before winter. Eubulus, Pudens, Linus, Claudia, and all the brothers send greetings.
22. The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with all of you.