1. [Psalm Song For the Sabbath] It is good to give thanks to Yahweh, to make music for your name, Most High,
2. to proclaim your faithful love at daybreak, and your constancy all through the night,
3. on the lyre, the ten-stringed lyre, to the murmur of the harp.
4. You have brought me joy, Yahweh, by your deeds, at the work of your hands I cry out,
5. 'How great are your works, Yahweh, immensely deep your thoughts!'
6. Stupid people cannot realise this, fools do not grasp it.
7. The wicked may sprout like weeds, and every evil-doer flourish, but only to be eternally destroyed;
8. whereas you are supreme for ever, Yahweh.
9. Look how your enemies perish, how all evil-doers are scattered!
10. You give me the strength of the wild ox, you anoint me with fresh oil;
11. I caught sight of the ambush against me, overheard the plans of the wicked.
12. The upright will flourish like the palm tree, will grow like a cedar of Lebanon.
13. Planted in the house of Yahweh, they will flourish in the courts of our God.
14. In old age they will still bear fruit, will remain fresh and green,
15. to proclaim Yahweh's integrity; my rock, in whom no fault can be found.