1. [Song Psalm Of Asaph] God, do not remain silent, do not stay quiet or unmoved, God!
2. See how your enemies are in uproar, how those who hate you are rearing their heads.
3. They are laying plans against your people, conspiring against those you cherish;
4. they say, 'Come, let us annihilate them as a nation, the name of Israel shall be remembered no more!'
5. They conspire with a single mind, they conclude an alliance against you,
6. the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, Moab and the Hagrites,
7. Gebal, Ammon, Amalek, Philistia and the Tyrians;
8. even Assyria has joined them to reinforce the children of Lot.Pause
9. Treat them like Midian and Sisera, like Jabin at the river Kishon;
10. wiped out at En-Dor, they served to manure the ground.
11. Treat their leaders like Oreb and Zeeb, all their commanders like Zebah and Zalmunna,
12. for they said, 'Let us take for ourselves God's settlements.'
13. My God, treat them like thistledown, like chaff at the mercy of the wind.
14. As fire devours a forest, as a flame sets mountains ablaze,
15. so drive them away with your tempest, by your whirlwind fill them with terror.
16. Shame written all over their faces, let them seek your name, Yahweh!
17. Dishonour and terror be always theirs, death also and destruction.
18. Let them know that you alone bear the name of Yahweh, Most High over all the earth.