1. [For the choirmaster Psalm Of David] May Yahweh answer you in time of trouble, may the name of the God of Jacob protect you!
2. May he send you help from the sanctuary, give you support from Zion!
3. May he remember all your sacrifices and delight in your burnt offerings! Pause
4. May he grant you your heart's desire and crown all your plans with success!
5. So that with joy we can hail your victory and draw up our ranks in the name of our God. May Yahweh grant all your petitions.
6. Now I know that Yahweh gives victory to his anointed. He will respond from his holy heavens with great deeds of victory from his right hand.
7. Some call on chariots, some on horses, but we on the name of Yahweh our God.
8. They will crumple and fall, while we stand upright and firm.
9. Yahweh, save the king, answer us when we call.