1. You who live in the secret place of Elyon, spend your nights in the shelter of Shaddai,
2. saying to Yahweh, 'My refuge, my fortress, my God in whom I trust!'
3. He rescues you from the snare of the fowler set on destruction;
4. he covers you with his pinions, you find shelter under his wings. His constancy is shield and protection.
5. You need not fear the terrors of night, the arrow that flies in the daytime,
6. the plague that stalks in the darkness, the scourge that wreaks havoc at high noon.
7. Though a thousand fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, you yourself will remain unscathed.
8. You have only to keep your eyes open to see how the wicked are repaid,
9. you who say, 'Yahweh my refuge!' and make Elyon your fortress.
10. No disaster can overtake you, no plague come near your tent;
11. he has given his angels orders about you to guard you wherever you go.
12. They will carry you in their arms in case you trip over a stone.
13. You will walk upon wild beast and adder, you will trample young lions and snakes.
14. 'Since he clings to me I rescue him, I raise him high, since he acknowledges my name.
15. He calls to me and I answer him: in distress I am at his side, I rescue him and bring him honour.
16. I shall satisfy him with long life, and grant him to see my salvation.'