1. Why this uproar among the nations, this impotent muttering of the peoples?
2. Kings of the earth take up position, princes plot together against Yahweh and his anointed,
3. 'Now let us break their fetters! Now let us throw off their bonds!'
4. He who is enthroned in the heavens laughs, Yahweh makes a mockery of them,
5. then in his anger rebukes them, in his rage he strikes them with terror.
6. 'I myself have anointed my king on Zion my holy mountain.'
7. I will proclaim the decree of Yahweh: He said to me, 'You are my son, today have I fathered you.
8. Ask of me, and I shall give you the nations as your birthright, the whole wide world as your possession.
9. With an iron sceptre you will break them, shatter them like so many pots.'
10. So now, you kings, come to your senses, you earthly rulers, learn your lesson!
11. In fear be submissive to Yahweh;
12. with trembling kiss his feet, lest he be angry and your way come to nothing, for his fury flares up in a moment. How blessed are all who take refuge in him!