1. [For the choirmaster On the . . . of Gath Psalm Of David] Yahweh our Lord, how majestic is your name throughout the world! Whoever keeps singing of your majesty higher than the heavens,
2. even through the mouths of children, or of babes in arms, you make him a fortress, firm against your foes, to subdue the enemy and the rebel.
3. I look up at your heavens, shaped by your fingers, at the moon and the stars you set firm-
4. what are human beings that you spare a thought for them, or the child of Adam that you care for him?
5. Yet you have made him little less than a god, you have crowned him with glory and beauty,
6. made him lord of the works of your hands, put all things under his feet,
7. sheep and cattle, all of them, and even the wild beasts,
8. birds in the sky, fish in the sea, when he makes his way across the ocean.
9. Yahweh our Lord, how majestic your name throughout the world!