1. Unto the end. For the people who have become far removed from the Sacred. Of David, with the inscription of a title, when the Philistines held him in Gath.
2. Have mercy on me, O God, because man has trampled over me. All day long, he has afflicted me by fighting against me.
3. My enemies have trampled over me all day long. For those who make war against me are many.
4. From the height of the day, I will be afraid. But truly, I will hope in you.
5. In God, I will praise my words. In God, I have put my trust. I will not fear what flesh can do to me.
6. All day long, they curse my words. All their intentions are for evil against me.
7. They will dwell and hide themselves. They will watch my heel, just as they waited for my soul;
8. because of this, nothing will save them. In your anger, you will crush the people.
9. O God, I have announced my life to you. You have placed my tears in your sight, and even in your promise.
10. Then my enemies will be turned back. On whatever day that I call upon you, behold, I know that you are my God.
11. In God, I will praise the word. In the Lord, I will praise his speech. In God, I have hoped. I will not fear what man can do to me.
12. My vows to you, O God, are in me. I will repay them. Praises be to you.
13. For you have rescued my soul from death and my feet from slipping, so that I may be pleasing in the sight of God, in the light of the living.