1. Unto the end. A Psalm of David,
2. when Nathan the prophet came to him, after he went to Bathsheba.
3. Be merciful to me, O God, according to your great mercy. And, according to the plentitude of your compassion, wipe out my iniquity.
4. Wash me once again from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
5. For I know my iniquity, and my sin is ever before me.
6. Against you only have I sinned, and I have done evil before your eyes. And so, you are justified in your words, and you will prevail when you give judgment.
7. For behold, I was conceived in iniquities, and in sinfulness did my mother conceive me.
8. For behold, you have loved truth. The obscure and hidden things of your wisdom, you have manifested to me.
9. You will sprinkle me with hyssop, and I will be cleansed. You will wash me, and I will be made whiter than snow.
10. In my hearing, you will grant gladness and rejoicing. And the bones that have been humbled will exult.
11. Turn your face away from my sins, and erase all my iniquities.
12. Create a clean heart in me, O God. And renew an upright spirit within my inmost being.
13. Do not cast me away from your face; and do not take your Holy Spirit from me.
14. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and confirm me with an unsurpassed spirit.
15. I will teach the unjust your ways, and the impious will be converted to you.
16. Free me from blood, O God, the God of my salvation, and my tongue will extol your justice.
17. O Lord, you will open my lips, and my mouth will announce your praise.
18. For if you had desired sacrifice, I would certainly have given it, but with holocausts, you will not be delighted.
19. A crushed spirit is a sacrifice to God. A contrite and humbled heart, O God, you will not spurn.
20. Act kindly, Lord, in your good will toward Zion, so that the walls of Jerusalem may be built up.
21. Then you will accept the sacrifice of justice, oblations, and holocausts. Then they will lay calves upon your altar.