1. For Zion's sake I will not hold my peace, for Jerusalem I will not keep silent, until her holiness shines like the dawn and her salvation flames like a burning torch.
2. The nations will see your holiness and all the kings your glory. You will be called by a new name which the mouth of Yahweh will reveal.
3. You will be a crown of glory in the hand of Yahweh, a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
4. No longer will you be named Forsaken; no longer will your land be called Abandoned; but you will be called My Delight and your land Espoused. For Yahweh delights in you and will make your land his spouse.
5. As a young man marries a virgin, so will your builder marry you; and as a bridegroom rejoices in his bride, so will your God rejoice in you.
6. Upon your walls, O Jerusalem, I have stationed watchmen; all the day and throughout the night they will not be silent. You who call on Yahweh, give yourselves no rest;
7. and give him no rest either till he restores Jerusalem and makes of it the pride of the earth.
8. Yahweh swears by his right hand and by his mighty arm: Never again will I give your grain as food for your enemies, nor will foreigners drink the wine for which you have labored.
9. But those who toil will eat the harvest, and praise Yahweh; and those working for the vintage shall drink of the wine in the courts of my sanctuary.
10. "Pass through, pass through the gates, prepare the way for the people. Build it up, bank up the highway, clear it of stones; raise up a standard for the peoples."
11. For Yahweh proclaims to the ends of the earth: Say to the daughter of Zion, here comes your salvation! Yahweh brings the reward of his victory, his booty is carried before him.
12. They shall be called the holy people, the redeemed of Yahweh; and you shall be called The Sought After, a city no longer abandoned.