1. This is what Yahweh says: Maintain what is right and do what is just, for my salvation is close at hand, my justice is soon to come.
2. Blessed is the mortal who does these things, and perseveres in them, who does not defile the sabbath and who refrains from evil.
3. Let no foreigner say, "Surely Yahweh will exclude me from his people." Neither let the castrated man say, "I have become a mere dry tree."
4. For this is what Yahweh says: To the castrated men who keep my sabbaths, who choose to do what pleases me and remain faithful to my covenant:
5. I will give them in my house and within its walls, a memorial and a name that are worth more than sons and daughters; I will give them a name that will never die away or be forgotten.
6. Yahweh says to the foreigners who join him, serving him and loving his name, keeping his sabbath unprofaned and remaining faithful to his covenant:
7. I will bring them to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. I will accept on my altar their burnt offerings and sacrifices, for my house will be called a house of prayer for all the nations.
8. Thus says the Lord God, Yahweh, who gathers the exiles of Israel: There are others I will gather besides those already gathered.
9. All you wild beasts, come and devour, all you beasts of the forests!
10. Blind are Israel's watchmen: they all see nothing. They are dumb watchdogs they are unable to bark. Lying down and dreaming, they love to slumber.
11. Greedy dogs that are never satisfied; shepherds of no discretion, they all turn their own way, everyone of them to his own gain.
12. "Come, bring wine," they say, "and let us all get drunk, and tomorrow will be as today, or perhaps even a happier day."