1. Bel bows down, Nebo collapses, the carriages are weighed down with their idols. Their sacred objects have become a burden for the weary feasts.
2. They cringe and crouch together, powerless to save those who carry them, as they themselves are taken captive.
3. Hear me, O people of Jacob, and all who remain of Israel, whom I have cared for since you were conceived, and carried since you were born.
4. Even to your old age, I am he and I will sustain you even when your hair turns gray. It is I who have done this, and who bear the burdens, I will sustain and save you.
5. To whom will you compare me or consider me equal? Against whom will you match me, as though we were alike?
6. Some pour out gold from their purses, and with silver weighed on the scales they hire a goldsmith to make an image before which they bow and worship.
7. They carry it upon their shoulders and set it up in its place; and there it stands, unmoving and silent. They cry out to it, but it does not answer, it delivers no one from distress and disaster.
8. Bear it well in mind, you rebels,
9. recall those things of long ago. I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.
10. From the beginning I foretold the outcome, from ancient times, what was yet to come. I say, and my plan will be fulfilled; and what I wish, I will accomplish.
11. From the east I call forth a bird of prey, from a distant land, a man to carry out my plan. Yes, I have spoken, it will be done; I have planned, it will be executed.
12. Listen to me, you without hope, you who are deprived of any right.
13. I am bringing my justice, it is not far away; my salvation will not delay. I will make salvation appear in Zion, upon Israel I will bestow my glory.