1. The Spirit of the Lord Yahweh is upon me, because Yahweh has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up broken hearts, to proclaim liberty to the captives, freedom to those languishing in prison;
2. to announce the year of Yahweh's favor and the day of vengeance of our God; to give comfort to all who grieve;
3. (to comfort those who mourn in Zion) and give them a garland instead of ashes, oil of gladness instead of mourning, and festal clothes instead of despair. They will be called oaks of integrity planted by Yahweh to show his glory.
4. They will rebuild the ancient ruins and repair cities laid waste, left desolate for many generations.
5. Strangers will stand to feed your flocks, foreigners to be your plowmen and vinedressers.
6. But you will be named priests of Yahweh, you will be called ministers of our God. You will feed on the wealth of nations and bathe in the splendor of their riches.
7. Since my people's shame has been twofold and disgrace has been their lot, they will possess a double portion of inheritance in their land. I will give them everlasting joy.
8. For I, Yahweh, love justice, I hate robbery and oppression; I will give them their due reward and make an everlasting covenant with them.
9. Their descendants shall be known among the nations and their offspring among the peoples. All who see them will acknowledge that they are a race Yahweh has blessed.
10. I rejoice greatly in Yahweh, my soul exults for joy in my God, for he has clothed me in the garments of his salvation, he has covered me with the robe of his righteousness, like a bridegroom wearing a garland, like a bride adorned with jewels.
11. For as the earth brings forth its growth, and as a garden makes seeds spring up, so will the Lord Yahweh make justice and praise spring up in the sight of all nations.