1. I let myself be found by those who did not ask for me; I have been met by those who did not seek me. I said, "Here I am, here I am," to a nation who did not call on my name.
2. I have stretched out my hands all day to a rebellious people who chose the evil way, following their own wishes.
3. These people provoked me to my face, continually, sacrificing in gardens, burning incense on bricks,
4. living in tombs and spending nights in dark places; a people who eat the flesh of swine and broth of abominable meat.
5. They cry out, "Stay away, do not come near, for I am too sacred to be touched." Such men and their acts arouse my anger like fire that burns all day.
6. Look, all this is written in my book, I will not keep silent till I have settled my account with them
7. for their crimes and the crimes of their fathers as well, Yahweh says. Because they burned incense on the mountains and blasphemed against me on the hills, I will pay them back in full.
8. Yahweh says, "When people find juice in a grape, they say: 'Do not destroy it, there is a blessing here.' So will I do with my servants; I will not destroy all of them.
9. I will create a new race from Jacob and they will own the hills of Judah. My chosen people will inherit them, and my servants will dwell there.
10. Sharon will be a pasture for flocks, the Valley of Achor a resting place for herds; they will be for my people who have sought me.
11. But as for you who have forsaken Yahweh, you who have forgotten my holy mountain, you who spread a table for Fortune and fill cups of mixed wine for Destiny,
12. I have destined you to the sword. All of you will kneel for the slaughter. For I called and you did not answer; I spoke and you did not listen. Instead you did what was evil in my sight and chose that in which I had no delight.
13. Therefore thus says the Lord Yahweh: Look, my servants will eat but you will go hungry; my servants will drink but you will be thirsty; my servants will rejoice but you will be disgraced;
14. my servants will sing with gladness of heart, but you will cry with grief in your heart and wail in anguish of spirit.
15. My chosen ones will use as a curse the name you will leave behind, as I strike you dead and give my servants a new name.
16. Whoever invokes a blessing in the land will receive the blessing from the God of truth; whoever takes an oath in the land will swear by the God of truth. For past troubles will be forgotten, and I will see them no more.
17. I now create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind again.
18. Be glad forever and rejoice in what I create; for I create Jerusalem to be a joy and its people to be a delight.
19. I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people. The sound of distress and the voice of weeping will not be heard in it any more.
20. It will no longer know of dead children or of a grown man not completing his days. He who reaches a hundred years will have died a mere youth, but he who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed.
21. They will build houses and dwell in them; they will plant crops and eat their fruit.
22. No longer will they build houses for others to dwell in; no longer will they plant for others to eat the harvest. For as the days of a tree will the days of my people be; my chosen ones will long enjoy the work of their hands.
23. Their labor will not be in vain, nor will they bear children destined for misfortune, for they will be a people blessed by Yahweh, and their descendants with them.
24. Before they call, I will have answered; while they are yet speaking, I will have heard.
25. The wolf and the lamb will feed together, the lion will eat straw like the ox, They will not destroy nor do any harm over all my holy mountain, says Yahweh.