1. A song of ascents. When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, then we thought we were dreaming.
2. Our mouths were filled with laughter; our tongues sang for joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD had done great things for them."
3. The LORD has done great things for us; Oh, how happy we were!
4. Restore again our fortunes, LORD, like the dry stream beds of the Negeb.
5. Those who sow in tears will reap with cries of joy.
6. Those who go forth weeping, carrying sacks of seed, Will return with cries of joy, carrying their bundled sheaves.