1. A song of ascents. Of David. I rejoiced when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD."
2. And now our feet are standing within your gates, Jerusalem.
3. Jerusalem, built as a city, walled round about.
4. Here the tribes have come, the tribes of the LORD, As it was decreed for Israel, to give thanks to the name of the LORD.
5. Here are the thrones of justice, the thrones of the house of David.
6. For the peace of Jerusalem pray: "May those who love you prosper!
7. May peace be within your ramparts, prosperity within your towers."
8. For family and friends I say, "May peace be yours."
9. For the house of the LORD, our God, I pray, "May blessings be yours."