1. The vision of Isaiah, son of Amoz, concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
2. In the last days, the mountain of Yahweh's house shall be set over the highest mountains and shall tower over the hills.
3. All the nations shall stream to it, saying, "Come, let us go to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and we may walk in his paths. For the Teaching comes from Zion, and from Jerusalem the word of Yahweh.
4. He will rule over the nations and settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not raise sword against nation; they will train for war no more.
5. O nation of Jacob, come, let us walk in the light of the Lord!
6. You have forsaken your people, the land of Jacob, for it was full of diviners. They turned into soothsayers like the Philistines, and clasped hands with pagans.
7. Their land is full of silver and gold, there is no end to their treasures. Their land is full of horses, there is no end to their chariots.
8. Their land is full of idols, and they bow down before the work of their hands, before the things their fingers have made.
9. Man will be humbled and the mortal fallen, forgive them not!
10. Get behind the rocks, hide in the dust, for fear of the Lord and the splendor of his majesty!
11. The haughty looks of man will be humbled; the pride of mortal will be brought low. Yahweh alone will be exalted on that day.
12. Yahweh will stand up on that day against all the proud and arrogant, against all that is high or great,
13. against all the cedars of Lebanon and all the oaks of Bashan,
14. against all the lofty mountains, and all the soaring hills,
15. against every high tower and fortified walls,
16. against all the ships of Tarshish and their luxurious load.
17. The arrogance of man will be humbled; the pride of mortal will be brought low. Yahweh alone will be exalted on that day,
18. and all the idols will pass away.
19. People will flee into the hollows of the rocks, into the caverns of the earth, from the terror of Yahweh, from the splendor of his majesty, when he arises to terrify the earth.
20. On that day, they will throw to the moles and to the bats their idols of silver and gold, which they made for themselves to worship.
21. They will flee into the caverns of the rocks, into the crevices of the crags, from the terror of the Lord, from the splendor of his Majesty, when he arises to terrify the earth.
22. Rely not on man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. What is he worth?