1. <To the chief Musician on Neginoth, A Psalm [or] Song of Asaph.> In Judah [is] God known: his name [is] great in Israel.
2. In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Zion.
3. There brake he the arrows of the bow, the shield, and the sword, and the battle. Selah.
4. Thou [art] more glorious [and] excellent than the mountains of prey.
5. The stouthearted are spoiled, they have slept their sleep: and none of the men of might have found their hands.
6. At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, both the chariot and horse are cast into a dead sleep.
7. Thou, [even] thou, [art] to be feared: and who may stand in thy sight when once thou art angry?
8. Thou didst cause judgment to be heard from heaven; the earth feared, and was still,
9. When God arose to judgment, to save all the meek of the earth. Selah.
10. Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain.
11. Vow, and pay unto the LORD your God: let all that be round about him bring presents unto him that ought to be feared.
12. He shall cut off the spirit of princes: [he is] terrible to the kings of the earth.