0. To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. A Psalm of Asaph. A Song.
1. In Judah God is known, his name is great in Israel.
2. His abode has been established in Salem, his dwelling place in Zion.
3. There he broke the flashing arrows, the shield, the sword, and the weapons of war. [Selah]
4. Glorious art thou, more majestic than the everlasting mountains.
5. The stouthearted were stripped of their spoil; they sank into sleep; all the men of war were unable to use their hands.
6. At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, both rider and horse lay stunned.
7. But thou, terrible art thou! Who can stand before thee when once thy anger is roused?
8. From the heavens thou didst utter judgment; the earth feared and was still,
9. when God arose to establish judgment to save all the oppressed of the earth. [Selah]
10. Surely the wrath of men shall praise thee; the residue of wrath thou wilt gird upon thee.
11. Make your vows to the LORD your God, and perform them; let all around him bring gifts to him who is to be feared,
12. who cuts off the spirit of princes, who is terrible to the kings of the earth.