1. To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, [A Psalm] of David. The fool hath said in his heart, [There is] no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: [there is] none that doeth good.
2. God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were [any] that did understand, that did seek God.
3. Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; [there is] none that doeth good, no, not one.
4. Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people [as] they eat bread: they have not called upon God.
5. There were they in great fear, [where] no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth [against] thee: thou hast put [them] to shame, because God hath despised them.
6. Oh that the salvation of Israel [were come] out of Zion! When God bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, [and] Israel shall be glad.