1. Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
2. While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3. Put not your trust in princes, [nor] in the son of man, in whom [there is] no help.
4. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
5. Happy [is he] that [hath] the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope [is] in the LORD his God:
6. Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein [is]: which keepeth truth for ever:
7. Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners:
8. The LORD openeth [the eyes of] the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:
9. The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.
10. The LORD shall reign for ever, [even] thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.