1. <A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.> O God, thou [art] my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
2. To see thy power and thy glory, so [as] I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
3. Because thy lovingkindness [is] better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
4. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
5. My soul shall be satisfied as [with] marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise [thee] with joyful lips:
6. When I remember thee upon my bed, [and] meditate on thee in the [night] watches.
7. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
8. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.
9. But those [that] seek my soul, to destroy [it], shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
10. They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.
11. But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.