1. <To the chief Musician upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David.> Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
2. They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: [with] flattering lips [and] with a double heart do they speak.
3. The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, [and] the tongue that speaketh proud things:
4. Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips [are] our own: who [is] lord over us?
5. For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set [him] in safety [from him that] puffeth at him.
6. The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
8. The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.