1. <To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.> How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
2. How long shall I take counsel in my soul, [having] sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
3. Consider [and] hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the [sleep of] death;
4. Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; [and] those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
5. But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
6. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.